The Respiralia Foundation is a nonprofit entity set up on February the 6th of the year 2006 and registered at the Balearic Government Foundations Register with registration number 215, that works with the group of children with cystic fibrosis. Thanks to the work carried out since 1989 by the Cystic Fibrosis Balearic Association and the interest shown by the Official College of Physiotherapists of the Balearics, the two entities established a strong Foundation with the intention of improving services offered for the treatment of this serious and incurable disease.
The experience gained by the staff of the Association allowed the Foundation to start with two major projects that marked a before and after in the lives of many children with cystic fibrosis. On the one hand, the production of the documentary “The Salted Kiss” and, secondly, the construction of a pioneer center for the treatment of cystic fibrosis in Spain.
List of Prizes and Recognitions awarded:
- Rose of the Sea Award:
- 2010: Dr. Bernat Togores
- 2011: Dr. Joan Figuerola
- 2012: Balearia
- 2013: Alcampo
- 2014: TUI
- 2015: Pablo Motos
- 2016: Jean Chevaillier
- 2017: Organización Nacional de Trasplantes
- 2018: Agora Portals International School
List of Prizes and Recognitions received:
- 2007: Marca “Promesas del Deporte Balear” Award for the Swimming Tour around Formentera against Cystic Fibrosis, to the best social initiative.
- 2008: Merrill Lynch Bank Recognition for the Swimming Tour around Formentera against Cystic Fibrosis.
- 2013: Consell de Mallorca Award to the solidarity to our President Presidenta Teresa Llull.
- 2014: Best of British Awards, awarded by Mood Beach Portals and Majorca Daily Bulletin
- 2016: “Best creativity to the Social Spot web”, awarded by the Fundación Mundo Ciudad.
- 2016: Gold Medal of Palma Town, awarded by the City Council
- 2020: Recognition by ONCE to Teresa Llull for her long history of fighting for women’s equality in Cystic Fibrosis.
List of Presidents of the Respiralia Foundation history:
- Mª Teresa Llull Martí: 2006 – Today
Cystic Fibrosis Balearic Association
The Cystic Fibrosis Balearic Association was born on May 2, 1989 thanks to the interest of several families worried about the ignorance of their children’s disease.
The search for answers and better treatments were the basis of tireless work to offer the best services to children and young people with Cystic Fibrosis. Its commitment to respiratory physiotherapy in 1996 has consolidated the Association as a reference in Spain in this part of the treatment.
The main milestones achieved are the free medicine (1991), intravenous home treatment (1994), neonatal diagnosis (2000), the organization of the Swimming Tour around Formentera against Cystic Fibrosis (2000), the free e-Flow nebulizer (2005), and the creation of the Respiralia Foundation (2006).
The Association was declarated of Public Utility by Ministerial Order dated April, 25, 2016.
On July, 18, 2019, the CF Balearic Association achieved the 1-star certificate to excelency managment and social commitment.
List of Awards and Recognitions granted:
- FQBalear Award:
- 2006: Institut Marc Ferrer
- 2007: Mª Teresa Llull
- 2009: Ketty Ruiz
- 2011: Roland Gillot
- 2012: Mónica Torres
- 2014: Paz Arizti
- 2016: Xavier Pons
- 2018: Familia Fernández López
- 2019: Películas Suecas
- Work recognition:
- 2015: Mollie-Ann y Becky Borràs
- 2016: Carlos Pons
List of Awards and Recognitions received:
- 2002: Recognition of the Consell de Mallorca to Pere Galiana for the Swimming Tour around Formentera against Cystic Fibrosis.
- 2010: Cystic Fibrosis Spanish Federation Award to the best associative initiative for the Individualized Fitness Program for children and young people with Cystic Fibrosis.
- 2014: Award from Atresmedia, thanks to Mrs. Llum Barrera, winner of the TV program “Tu cara me suena mini”.
List of Presidents of the Cystic Fibrosis Balearic Association:
- Catherine Baspeyras Lahoule: 1989 – 1995
- Martí Gomila Gost: 1995 – 1997
- Mª Teresa Llull Martí: 1997 – 1999
- Margalida González Sabater: 1999 – 2007
- Jorge Busquets Méndez de Sotomayor: 2007 – 2019
- Paz Arizti Compañón: 2019 – 2020
- Ana Mª Amate Rotger: 2020 – Today