Disponible en / Available in: Español
Here you have de general data about the event Strokes against Cystic Fibrosis in Mallorca, organized by the Respiralia Group. This event replaces the Swimming Tour around Formentera against Cystic Fibrosis. The first edition was held in July 2022.
What is Strokes against Cystic Fibrosis in Mallorca?
Brazadas contra la Fibrosis Quística en Mallorca is a non-competitive and inclusive event to spread awareness of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) in which participants practice swimming in an idyllic setting such as the South of Mallorca. The coexistence with almost 300 people and solidarity with children and young people with Cystic Fibrosis are its two main motivations.
How many days does it last?
Participants must be in Santanyí, where our headquarters will be, on Thursday afternoon of the weekend of the event for the informative talk. Friday and Saturday all day and Sunday morning will be the swimming days.
How much and how do you swim?
We have planned almost 40 km of coastline where we can swim. The Organization does not intend to swim everything, because it would be a utopia for many of the participants, but we will try to make sure that you can swim the maximum distance possible in the three days of the event. Stages of between 1 and 2 nautical miles (between 1.8 and 3.6 km) are normally launched trying to make the swimming area safe in terms of waves, currents and jellyfish, as long as we can detect them. If someone gets tired during the stage, simply raise his/her hand and a dinghy will pick him/her up. It is not compulsory to swim all the legs nor the whole distance of each one of them. It is mandatory to get on the boat every day.
Who can participate?
There is room for everyone in this event. It doesn’t matter if you are an expert swimmer or an amateur, if you have a disease or disability or not. In case you have a disease or disability, contact first with the organization (email@example.com) and we will talk about it. If you have Cystic Fibrosis you have free registration and a place reserved for a companion if you inform us within the deadline for each edition. If this is your case, you must send us information about your condition (consult us previously).
How do we make swimming groups?
There will be three categories: the most experienced people, those who swim at an average speed and those who are not so used to swimming. Each person decides how many legs they want to swim and what they want to swim during those legs.
What does registration include?
- Accommodation from Thursday to Sunday or Monday (mattress on the floor, showers and bathrooms in the sports center).
- Breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Meals on the boat, thanks to the menus of our kitchen team.
- Screen-printed cap with the logo of this edition.
- Screen-printed T-shirt with the logo of this edition.
- Respiralia Magazine.
- Reusable cup with the logo of this edition.
- Aluminum can with the logo of this edition.
- Accident insurance.
RULES TO BE FOLLOWED DURING THE EVENT
- It is mandatory to board the boat every day. In case of non-compliance with this rule, provided it is not due to medical leave (not including causes caused by excessive alcohol or other substances during the days of the event), the person who has failed to comply will be expelled from the event (including expulsion from accommodation) without the right to a refund of the registration fee.
- Follow the indications of the organization team during the stages. The volunteer team will give 2 warnings. In case of non-compliance with these warnings, the participant will not be allowed to continue swimming after the third warning.
- One participant, one buoy. Each participant will swim with a buoy. You can bring your own buoy or use one from the organization for a minimum donation of 5,00 €.
- Respect and coexistence: Living with almost 300 other people implies respect for the rest of those around us. This is the only way to spend 3 days enjoying the “Respiralia” spirit.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY DINNERS
The Organization offers dinners on Friday and Saturday, but they are not included in the registration fee (donation 10,00 €/dinner). Afterwards there will be a party. We encourage you to prepare something for these two nights, as the volunteer team does.
The trip to Mallorca will be paid by the participant. During the days of the event, the Organization will have buses to go from the Sports Center to the Port and back. In case you want to rent your own vehicle, you must specify it in the registration form. If you have your own vehicle and you do not tell us, the buses will be empty and there will be an unnecessary expense and, therefore, less resources for the treatment of children and young people with Cystic Fibrosis.
WHEN CAN I ARRIVE AND HOW LONG CAN I STAY?
The Organization offers the Sport Center from Thursday noon of the weekend of the event, not before. You can stay until Monday morning after the weekend, but at 08:00 hours you must leave your mattress stacked where the Organization indicates you. Your suitcases can stay at the Sports Center while we clean up until 13:00 hours (this schedule can be modified according to needs).
One of the most emotional and beautiful moments of this event is on Sunday. At the end of the event, the teams of participants arrive at the chosen beach and form a human corridor in the water so that each team can perform their farewell choreography. Songs invented or with adapted lyrics, dances, mini plays, costumes, jokes, etc. will make the memory of our participation unforgettable. We encourage you to start thinking about what you are going to do…
20 REASONS TO PARTICIPATE
Find out why so many people come every year in this link.