Disponible en / Available in: Español
Under the title “Let’s plant a tree so that they don’t lack air”, the “la Caixa” Volunteers Association is launching this solidarity action to improve the air breathed by people with Cystic Fibrosis and society in general. The Balearic Forest Service and Ibanat collaborate with personnel and plants.
The planting day will be on Saturday, October 24th, from 10 am to 2 pm, at the “Sa Duaia” public estate in Artá (Mallorca), within four turns of 1 hour each.
Contribution of Obra Social “la Caixa” to the Respiralia Foundation
Caixabank will donate € 20.00 for each tree planted to the Respiralia Foundation, provided that the established procedure is followed.
To participate in this activity, you must first sign up as a volunteer for the “la Caixa” Volunteer Association. In this way, each person will be insured for this activity and those they do with this association.
Note: When you get to the “Relationship with la Caixa” field, select “Collaborating entity” (only if you come from us, of course). In the next field enter the code 07001.
Once you have registered and followed the steps indicated in the verification email, you must sign up for the planting activity.
Once you have signed up, you can choose the shift you want (10:00, 11:00, 12:00 or 13:00). In addition, you will receive a confirmation email and another with a document in which they explain what you have to bring and how to generate the donation to the Respiralia Foundation.
- Only people over 14 who have registered will generate a donation. People under 14 years of age may go to the activity but they will not generate a donation or be considered as volunteers.
- Each person may plant as many trees as they want in their assigned time, but only one of the trees will generate the donation, provided the notification procedure is followed.
What do I have to take with me?
- Tools. You have to bring a hoe or similar to be able to dig in the ground. Remember that it is tough terrain, so the better the tool, the less complicated it will be.
- Gloves. Remember that field work is hard and hands suffer when digging.
- Clothing. Bundle up and try to wear tight-fitting clothing to avoid getting caught on the soles. If you wear clothes in dark colors, preferably brown, gray and dark green, the better.
- Backpack better than bag.
- Mountain boots, better than sports.
- Hydroalcoholic gel and mask, important in these times of Covid-19.
How is it planted?
The Balearic Forest Service offers us this guide.
How do I generate the donation?
- Take your photo next to the tree.
- Send the photo to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put your ID and the identifier of this activity (1770108) in the subject of the email.
- Caixabank will check that your ID is on the list of registered people and will donate the € 20.00.
Can I post it on social media?
Of course. Help us to give visibility to Cystic Fibrosis by uploading your photo to your networks and putting the following hashtags and links: #SemanaSocialDigital #Voluntarioslacaixa #JuntoscontralaFQ @caixabank @FundlaCaixa @Respiralia