Disponible en / Available in: Español
211 people show solidarity at the Strokes against CF in Mallorca event held in the Parc Natural de Es Trenc – Es Salobrar de Campos, held on July 1-3, 2022.
Record participation of people with CF in Respiralia
Friday July 1, 2022 is already part of the history of Respiralia. After 21 years of a beautiful history in Formentera, Mallorca hosted the first edition of the Strokes against Cystic Fibrosis in Mallorca with 11 people with Cystic Fibrosis registered, beating the record in this record in any edition of Respiralia.
The Parc Natural de Es Trenc – Es Salobrar de Campos, an emblematic site
Mallorca has as one of its references the Natural Park of Es Trenc – Es Salobrar de Campos due to its natural beauty. The crystal clear waters of Sa Rapita hosted the start of the first day of solidarity swimming, with the presence of many authorities:
- Maria Antònia Font: General Director of Public Health and Participation of the Balearic Government
- Francisca Porquer: Mayor of Campos
- Jaume Vidal: Sports Councilor of Campos
- Rafael Adrover: Environment Councilor of Campos
- Maria Pons: Mayor of Santanyí
- Juan Rodríguez: Mayor of Ses Salines
- Sebastià Sagreras: PP Deputy for Campos
- Coronel Rafael Guisasola: Chief of the Infantry Regiment “Palma 47”
- Paco Blasco: PSOE Councilor of Campos
Wind, an element to be taken into account
Respiralia is characterized for being an event in which the safety of the people who participate comes before any other issue. Therefore, in this edition it was not possible to swim the course planned for the days of Saturday and Sunday.
The wind from the Northeast and East of the three days caused waves and currents that made the last two days to swim again between Cape Ses Salines and Sa Rapita, leaving pending the incredible waters and coasts between Cape Ses Salines and Santanyi for another edition.
The goose dance and San Respiralio had their moment of glory
On Sunday, as usual in Respiralia, the choreographies of the teams were performed. In this edition, the Kalifroster team led the first choreography with their usual goose dance, which was joined by the rest of the teams.
Finally, the Chipiboyas Exprés team and the Chipironas offered us a mini play in which San Respiralio was again the protagonist after a few years retired from the scene. An endearing moment in which Mallorca was claimed as the new stage of Respiralia.
Heroes and heroines star in Respiralia
The testimony of Yolanda, a young woman with CF who is already noticing the positive effects of Kaftrio, was the spark that ignited the inspiration of Eduard Pampín, from Películas Suecas. In a short time, he edited a video that shows the spirit of overcoming of people with Cystic Fibrosis, that is, the “heroes” of Respiralia. You can see the video in this link.
Silent heroes and heroines at Respiralia
Organizing an event like this is very difficult. It involves a lot of work and sacrifice by many people who, in silence, make it possible for more than 200 people to swim and not have to worry about anything but enjoying the event.
In this edition more than ever, our volunteer team has left many drops of sweat and has invested many hours of work to make it a success. To all team members, our sincere thanks.
Sponsors and collaborators, essential protagonists
The celebration of this event has been possible thanks to:
- Linde Médica, as a sponsor and collaborator with the loan of the respiratory resuscitation equipment.
- TM Grupo Inmobiliario, as a sponsor
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals, as a sponsor
- Alcampo, as sponsor and collaborator with the donation of isotonic beverages, breakfast, lunch and dinner products and cleaning and hygiene products
- Ayuntamiento de Santanyí, with the provision of facilities for the accommodation of participants and volunteers
- Ayuntamiento de Campos, with the provision of storage facilities for mattresses
- Ayuntamiento de Ses Salines, with the provision of storage facilities for mattresses
- Ports de les Illes Balears, with the provision of moorings
- Ejército de Tierra, with the provision of a field kitchen and the collaboration of personnel in the preparation of the menus.
- Consell de Mallorca, with the provision of cloth bags and straw hats
- GEAS, with their participation in ensuring the safety of the swimmers
- True World Organization, with the participation of its solar-powered boat Stenella, and the carbon footprint measurement of the event
- Club de Vela Puerto de Andratx, with the provision of a pneumatic
- Club Náutico Sa Ràpita, with the provision of two inflatable boats and moorings
- Rentpoint Alquiler, with the provision of a van
- AICO, with the loan of the sound equipment
- UCO Sa Pobla, with the donation of all the vegetables on the menus
- Tres Glops, with the provision of water dispensers and the donation of all the water for the event
- Es Merca, with the donation of all the fruit from the event
- Café Rico, with the loan of two coffee machines and the donation of coffee for the breakfasts
- Fornaris, with the donation of ensaimadas and Mallorcan bread for the charity dinners
- Ca Na Paulina, with the donation of meat for the benefit dinners
- Campofrío, with the donation of ham and turkey
- Eroski, with the donation of loaves of bread, eggs, and ice cream.
- Quely, with the donation of Quely cookies for the breakfasts
- Escola d’Hoteleria de les Illes Balears, with the transfer of a refrigerator
- Verbigrafía, with the design of graphic material
- Nadal Retolació, with the edition of graphic material
- Películas Suecas, with the recording of videos and reports
- Asociación de Voluntarios de “la Caixa”, with financial contribution
- Col·legi Oficial de Fisioterapeutes de Balears, with financial contribution
- Creuers Illa Balear, with special price on the boat rental
- Transports Marítims Gregal, with special price on the boat rental
Respiralia 2022 pictures
As every year, we leave you the link so you can see the photos taken in this edition of Resipralia.