Reforesting Mallorca is our challenge.
“Reforesta Mallorca” is a macro-project of reforestation and fire prevention, in which 40,000 trees will be planted in 5 years and hyperpopulated areas of Mallorca will be sanitized with the collaboration of corporate and citizenship volunteering. We seek to improve the environment, biodiversity and air quality for society, in general, and for people with Cystic Fibrosis, in particular.
Plant a tree. Donate oxygen
We will plant 40,000 trees in 5 years in a reforestation macro project.
The companies that develop their CSR in this project will be present in the communication plan throughout the process
- Corporate CSR can help reduce the problem of fires.
- A project to raise awareness in society and make it a participant, in which the Government of the Balearic Islands collaborates.
A pioneer project for pioneer companies
Reforesta Mallorca: Results we hope to achieve together
1) 40,000 trees planted in devastated areas in 5 years. Standard of 35,000 trees in 5 years.
2) 500 trees evicted from hyperpopulated areas of vegetation in 5 years. Standard 350 trees.
3) 10 companies as main sponsors involved in the project with financial contribution. Standard of 7 companies.
4) 10 companies, between sponsors and collaborators, involved in the project with financial contribution and / or donation of products or services. Standard of 7 companies.
5) 30 volunteers belonging to companies involved in the project in 5 years. Standard of 18 volunteers.
6) 2,500 people participating in tree planting in 5 years. Standard of 1,600 people.
7) 450 talks about the symptoms of Cystic Fibrosis in 5 years. Standard of 300 talks.
8) 450 talks on forest management in 5 years. Standard of 300 talks.
9) Grade 4 of 5 of satisfaction of the stakeholders that participate in the project. Standard of 3.
How are we going to reforest Mallorca
For this project to be a reality, the involvement of several stakeholders is needed. The functions of each of them are described below:
- Forest Service: His knowledge is essential to determine the areas of need for repopulation and eviction of trees in devastated and hyperpopulated areas respectively. Therefore, they will conduct a study of these areas and pass them to the Organization. Second, they will provide adequate training to volunteer staff so that they can supervise the planting of trees by the participants. Third, they will provide the necessary trees for each day and tools for planting. Fourth, they will provide staff for the on-site advice of volunteers in case of doubt and for talks on forest management during the planting days. This last point has a cost that is included in the budget.
- Trafober Company: It is one of the few machinery rental companies in Spain that has spider diggers capable of reaching steep places and making holes with its specialized staff. Its budget includes the rental of the machine with driver per day, the transfer and accommodation of the driver and the transport of the spider digger from the peninsula to the work area. They already have experience in jobs in the Levante area of the island of Mallorca.
- Treballs del Bosc Company: Company that will carry out large-scale tree planting work. It is taken into account that the priority objective is the planting of 40,000 trees, of which one part may be planted by interested families and the other by this specialized company. The company will also provide the protection elements of planted trees (tutors and cone). The more trees we can plant as a society, the less trees this company should plant and cheaper will be this project.
- Sponsoring and collaborating companies: They will make an economic contribution to cover the expenses of organizing the event or products necessary for it.
- Participating companies with corporate volunteering: They will promote the participation of their staff in supervisory tasks of tree planting and will facilitate their staff to participate in the training on the morning of a working day.
- Corporate and non-corporate volunteering: Each volunteer will be in charge of a group of participants, carrying out the necessary supervision so that the planting is carried out correctly. They will attend the training session on tree planting by the Forest Service and on Cystic Fibrosis by the Respiralia Foundation. It will ensure the care of the environment during the planting days.
- Participants: They will make the previous registration to ensure their presence in the corresponding planting day. They will be dressed at the time and place indicated with appropriate clothes presenting the proof of registration and will plant the trees indicated in the registration under the supervision of a volunteer. They will participate in the talks on forest management and Cystic Fibrosis in order to help later commenting on what they have learned to the people in their closest environment. Finally, they will be careful not to throw any type of object to the soil of the plantation area, whether organic or inorganic.
For its part, the Organization will be responsible for the following functions:
- Obtain the necessary authorizations for the development of the project.
- Search for sponsoring companies, both with financial contributions to cover the costs of the project and necessary material (machinery, tools, supplies, IBANAT staff, etc.).
- Search for volunteers, both corporate and non-corporate.
- Conduct training talks on Cystic Fibrosis to volunteer staff.
- Acquire the necessary material for the development of the project and that is not contributed by any public administration or private company.
- Promote the project so that society knows and participates.
- Provide an online system for the registration of interested persons.
- Publicize the sponsorship and collaboration of different companies through social networks, corporate web and media.
- 40,000 trees, provided by the Forest Service.
- Hoes. The Forest Service has 50 hoes, so 150 more will have to be acquired.
- Spider digger to make holes of 1 m3 for each tree.
- 20 volunteers for each day for planting supervision and 3 for registration control.
- 6 specialists from the Forest Service to advise the volunteers and to give the forest management talks.
- 1 person for driving the excavator specialized in steep terrain.
- 1 person coordinating the volunteer team.
- 2 people for the search of collaborating companies and volunteering.
- 1 company for project communication management (Marketing Consulting Mallorca, S. L.).
- 1 person of general coordination of the project (Managing Director of the Respiralia Foundation).
CO2 absorption capacity data and CO2 footprint compensation.
This project will have 77,554 tons of CO2 available to compensate for the CO2 footprint of the companies that collaborate in the project. You can check the data in this link.
Reforesta Mallorca communication plan
Press conference / Photocall / Sending of communications to the media monthly / Logo in the header of the newsletter and the website / Logo and image in general and individualized social networks / Real reach in networks of more than 60,000 people per month, with organic traffic and hired: 30,000 impacts on Facebook and Instagram, 10,000 impacts on Linkedin, 15,000 impacts on YouTube, 5,000 impacts on Twitter